Switching to INVEGA SUSTENNA® After 4th Dose of INVEGA TRINZA®
Graph Information^ Back to Top
INVEGA TRINZA® Switching to INVEGA SUSTENNA®
Consistent with the Prescribing Information for INVEGA TRINZA® and INVEGA SUSTENNA®:
- INVEGA TRINZA® is to be used only after INVEGA SUSTENNA® (1-month paliperidone palmitate extended-release injectable suspension) has been established as adequate treatment for at least four months.
- For switching from INVEGA TRINZA® to INVEGA SUSTENNA®, INVEGA SUSTENNA® should be started 3 months after the last INVEGA TRINZA® dose, using the equivalent 3.5-fold lower dose as shown in the table below.
Conversion From INVEGA TRINZA® to INVEGA SUSTENNA®
|If the Last Dose of INVEGA TRINZA® is:||Initiate* INVEGA SUSTENNA® 3 Months Later at the Following Dose:|
- The cumulative paliperidone plasma level curve will reflect the plasma level contributions from the INVEGA TRINZA® treatment and INVEGA SUSTENNA® in this scenario.
- INVEGA SUSTENNA® should then continue, dosed at monthly intervals.
- Administration: For intramuscular injection only by a healthcare professional. Care should be taken to avoid inadvertent injection into a blood vessel.