Missed Maintenance Dose: >6 Weeks to 6 Months Since Last Injection
Cumulative Paliperidone Plasma Concentration from INVEGA® ER
Cumulative active moiety concentration of risperidone + 9-OH-risperidone (paliperidone) from RISPERDAL
Cumulative Paliperidone Plasma Concentration
Individual Dose Curves
Median Plasma Concentration for Oral INVEGA® ER 6-12 mg/day
Week 1 = Day 8
Graph Information^ Back to Top
INVEGA SUSTENNA® Missed Maintenance Dose: > 6 Weeks to 6 Months Since Last Injection
Consistent with the INVEGA SUSTENNA® Prescribing Information:
- After the first two initiation doses, the recommended maintenance injection cycle is monthly.
TIMING OF MISSED MAINTENANCE DOSE DOSING More than 6 weeks to 6 months since last injection Resume the same dose the patient was previously stabilized on (unless the patient was stabilized on a dose of 234 mg, then the first 2 injections should each be 156 mg) in the following manner:
- Administer a deltoid injection as soon as possible.
- Administer a second deltoid injection 1 week later at the same dose.
- Thereafter, resume administering the previously stabilized dose in the deltoid or gluteal muscle 1 month after the second injection.
- Administration: Each injection must be administered only by a healthcare professional. INVEGA SUSTENNA® is intended for intramuscular use only. Do not administer by any other route. Avoid inadvertent injection into a blood vessel.