Dosing Window for 2nd Initiation Dose
Cumulative Paliperidone Plasma Concentration from INVEGA® ER
Cumulative active moiety concentration of risperidone + 9-OH-risperidone (paliperidone) from RISPERDAL
Cumulative Paliperidone Plasma Concentration
Individual Dose Curves
Median Plasma Concentration for Oral INVEGA® ER 6-12 mg/day
Week 1 = Day 8
Graph Information^ Back to Top
INVEGA SUSTENNA® Dosing Window for 2nd Initiation Dose
Consistent with the INVEGA SUSTENNA® Prescribing Information:
- Initiate with two doses a week apart both in the deltoid muscle. Administer INVEGA SUSTENNA® 234 mg followed by 156 mg one week later (Week 1).
- Administer in the deltoid muscle during initiation. The peak paliperidone plasma concentration is approximately 28% higher following an initiation dose in the deltoid vs. gluteal muscle.
- The initiation regimen (234 mg followed by 156 mg one week later, both in the deltoid muscle) rapidly attains steady-state paliperidone concentrations with no need for oral antipsychotic supplementation.
- Flexible dosing window: to help avoid a missed dose, patients may be given the second initiation dose 4 days before or after the Week 1 time point.
- Administration: Each injection must be administered only by a healthcare professional. INVEGA SUSTENNA® is intended for intramuscular use only. Do not administer by any other route. Avoid inadvertent injection into a blood vessel.