Graph Information^ Back to Top
INVEGA SUSTENNA® Initiation Dosing
Consistent with the INVEGA SUSTENNA® Prescribing Information:
- Establish tolerability in patients who have never taken oral paliperidone or oral or injectable risperidone, prior to initiating treatment.
- Initiate with two doses a week apart both in the deltoid muscle. Administer INVEGA SUSTENNA® 234 mg followed by 156 mg one week later (Week 1).
- Administer in the deltoid muscle during initiation. The peak paliperidone plasma concentration is approximately 28% higher following an initiation dose in the deltoid vs. gluteal muscle.
- The initiation regimen (234 mg followed by 156 mg one week later, both in the deltoid muscle) rapidly attains steady-state paliperidone concentrations with no need for oral antipsychotic supplementation.
- Flexible dosing window: to avoid a missed dose, patients may be given the second initiation dose 4 days before or after the Week 1 time point.
- Administration: Each injection must be administered only by a healthcare professional. INVEGA SUSTENNA® is intended for intramuscular use only. Do not administer by any other route. Avoid inadvertent injection into a blood vessel.
- Please see Dosage Adjustments in the INVEGA SUSTENNA® Prescribing Information for use in renal impairment or in coadministration with strong CYP3A4/P-glycoprotein (P-gp) inducers