Missed 2nd Initiation Dose: 4-7 Weeks Since 1st injection
Cumulative Paliperidone Plasma Concentration from INVEGA® ER
Cumulative active moiety concentration of risperidone + 9-OH-risperidone (paliperidone) from RISPERDAL
Cumulative Paliperidone Plasma Concentration
Individual Dose Curves
Median Plasma Concentration for Oral INVEGA® ER 6-12 mg/day
Week 1 = Day 8
Graph Information^ Back to Top
INVEGA SUSTENNA® 2nd Initiation Dose: 4-7 weeks since 1st injection
Consistent with the INVEGA SUSTENNA® Prescribing Information:
- If the target date for the second INVEGA SUSTENNA® injection (one week ± 4 days) is missed, the recommended reinitiation depends on the length of time which has elapsed since the patient's first injection.
- Administer a deltoid injection as soon as possible.
- Administer a second deltoid injection 1 week later.
- Thereafter, resume regular monthly dosing in either the deltoid or gluteal muscle.
- Administration: Each injection must be administered only by a healthcare professional. INVEGA SUSTENNA® is intended for intramuscular use only. Do not administer by any other route. Avoid inadvertent injection into a blood vessel.
|TIMING OF MISSED SECOND INITIATION DOSE||DOSING|
|4 to 7 weeks since first injection||Resume dosing with two injections of 156 mg in the following manner: