Graph Information^ Back to Top
INVEGA SUSTENNA® Maintenance Dosing
Consistent with the INVEGA SUSTENNA® Prescribing Information:
- The INVEGA SUSTENNA® Prescribing Information [http://www.janssenlabels.com/package-insert/product-monograph/prescribing-information/INVEGA+SUSTENNA-pi.pdf] recommends a monthly maintenance dose for schizophrenia of 117 mg. Some patients may benefit from lower or higher maintenance doses within the additional available strengths (39 mg, 78 mg, 156 mg, and 234 mg).
- Similar to the INVEGA SUSTENNA® Clinical Studies described in the Prescribing Information, monthly has been defined as every 4 weeks (28 days) in these modeling simulations.
- Adjustment of the maintenance dose may be made monthly. The full effect of the dose adjustment may not be evident for several months due to the prolonged-release characteristics.
- To avoid a missed monthly dose, patients may be given the injection up to 7 days before or after the monthly time point.
- Administration Each injection must be administered only by a healthcare professional. INVEGA SUSTENNA® is intended for intramuscular use only. Do not administer by any other route. Avoid inadvertent injection into a blood vessel.
- Please see Dosage Adjustments in the INVEGA SUSTENNA® Prescribing Information for use in renal impairment or in coadministration with strong CYP3A4/P-glycoprotein (P-gp) inducers.