INVEGA SUSTENNA® Common Dosing and Administration Topics
Consistent with the INVEGA SUSTENNA® Prescribing Information:
- Each injection must be administered only by a healthcare professional.
- Parenteral drug products should be inspected visually for foreign matter and discoloration prior to administration, whenever product and container permit.
- INVEGA SUSTENNA® is intended for intramuscular injection only. Do not administer by any other route. Avoid inadvertent injection into a blood vessel. Administer the dose in a single injection; do not administer the dose in divided injections. Inject slowly, deep into the muscle.
- The recommended needle size for administration of INVEGA SUSTENNA® into the deltoid muscle is determined by the patient's weight. For patients weighing less than 90 kg, the 1-inch, 23 gauge needle is recommended. For patients weighing 90 kg or more, the 1½-inch, 22 gauge needle is recommended. Deltoid injections should be alternated between the two deltoid muscles.
- The recommended needle size for administration of INVEGA SUSTENNA® into the gluteal muscle is the 1½-inch, 22 gauge needle. Administer into the upper-outer quadrant of the gluteal muscle. Gluteal injections should be alternated between the two gluteal muscles.
- For additional information regarding Instructions for Use, please see section 2.7 of the INVEGA SUSTENNA® Prescribing Information [http://www.janssenlabels.com/package-insert/product-monograph/prescribing-information/INVEGA+SUSTENNA-pi.pdf].