3rd Injection 37 Weeks Since 2nd Injection
Graph Information^ Back to Top
INVEGA TRINZA® Managing a Missed Dose (>9 months since the last injection)
Consistent with the Prescribing Information for INVEGA TRINZA® and INVEGA SUSTENNA®:
- INVEGA TRINZA® is to be used only after INVEGA SUSTENNA® has been established as adequate treatment for at least four months.
- Missing doses of INVEGA TRINZA® should be avoided.
- If more than 9 months have elapsed since the last injection of INVEGA TRINZA®, re-initiate treatment with INVEGA SUSTENNA® as described in the prescribing information for INVEGA SUSTENNA® (234 mg on day 1 followed by 156 mg on day 8, both administered in the deltoid muscle). Monthly INVEGA SUSTENNA® maintenance doses can be administered in either the deltoid or gluteal muscle.
- INVEGA TRINZA® can then be resumed after the patient has been adequately treated with INVEGA SUSTENNA® for at least 4 months. Resume INVEGA TRINZA® when the next INVEGA SUSTENNA® dose is scheduled with an INVEGA TRINZA® dose based on the previous INVEGA SUSTENNA® dose, using the equivalent 3.5-fold higher dose as shown in the table below.
INVEGA TRINZA® Doses for Adult Patients Adequately Treated with INVEGA SUSTENNA®
If the Last Dose of INVEGA SUSTENNA® is:
Initiate INVEGA TRINZA® at the Following Dose:
Conversion from the INVEGA SUSTENNA® 39 mg dose was not studied.
- INVEGA TRINZA® should be administered every 3 months.
- Administration: For intramuscular injection only by a healthcare professional. Care should be taken to avoid inadvertent injection into a blood vessel.