Single Dose Curve View
Graph Information^ Back to Top
The single dose view represents the paliperidone plasma concentration following a single administration of up to two INVEGA SUSTENNA® dosage strengths when administered in either the deltoid or gluteal muscle. Uncheck the default example to begin a new comparison.
Consistent with the INVEGA SUSTENNA® Prescribing Information:
- Initiate dosing with 234 mg on treatment day 1 and 156 mg one week later, both administered in the deltoid muscle.
- The INVEGA SUSTENNA® Prescribing Information [http://www.janssenlabels.com/package-insert/product-monograph/prescribing-information/INVEGA+SUSTENNA-pi.pdf] recommends adjustment of the monthly maintenance dose for schizoaffective disorder based on tolerability and/or efficacy using available strengths. The 39 mg strength was not studied in the long-term schizoaffective disorder study.
- For subjects randomized to INVEGA SUSTENNA® in the long-term schizoaffective disorder study, the distribution of monthly maintenance doses was 78 mg (4.9%), 117 mg (9.8%), 156 mg (47.0%), and 234 mg (38.4%).
- Administer monthly maintenance doses in either the deltoid or gluteal muscle.
- Following intramuscular injection of single INVEGA SUSTENNA® doses (39 mg - 234 mg) in the deltoid muscle, on average, a 28% higher Cmax was observed compared with injection in the gluteal muscle.