INVEGA TRINZA® Common Dosing and Administration Topics
Consistent with the INVEGA TRINZA® Prescribing Information:
- INVEGA TRINZA® should be administered once every 3 months. Each injection must be administered only by a health care professional.
- Parenteral drug products should be inspected visually for foreign matter and discoloration prior to administration.
- It is important to shake the syringe vigorously for at least 15 seconds to ensure a homogeneous suspension. Inject INVEGA TRINZA® within 5 minutes of shaking vigorously.
- INVEGA TRINZA® is intended for intramuscular use only. Do not administer by any other route. Avoid inadvertent injection into a blood vessel. Administer the dose in a single injection; do not administer the dose in divided injections. Inject slowly, deep into the deltoid or gluteal muscle.
- INVEGA TRINZA® must be administered using only the thin wall needles that are provided in the INVEGA TRINZA® pack. Do not use needles from the INVEGA SUSTENNA® pack or other commercially-available needles to reduce the risk of blockage.
- Deltoid Injection - The recommended needle size for administration of INVEGA TRINZA® into the deltoid muscle is determined by the patient’s weight:
- For patients weighing less than 90 kg, the 1-inch, 22 gauge thin wall needle is recommended.
- For patients weighing 90 kg or more, the 1½-inch, 22 gauge thin wall needle is recommended.
- Administer into the center of the deltoid muscle. Deltoid injections should be alternated between the two deltoid muscles.
- Gluteal Injection - Regardless of patient weight, the recommended needle size for administration of INVEGA TRINZA® into the gluteal muscle is the 1½-inch, 22 gauge thin wall needle. Administer into the upper-outer quadrant of the gluteal muscle. Gluteal injections should be alternated between the two gluteal muscles.
- Incomplete Administration - To avoid an incomplete administration of INVEGA TRINZA®, ensure that the prefilled syringe is shaken vigorously for at least 15 seconds within 5 minutes prior to administration to ensure a homogeneous suspension and ensure the needle does not get clogged during injection. However, in the event of an incompletely administered dose, do not re-inject the dose remaining in the syringe and do not administer another dose of INVEGA TRINZA®. Closely monitor and treat the patient with oral supplementation as clinically appropriate until the next scheduled injection of INVEGA TRINZA®.